First invitation to couture show OMO & Georges Hobeika fittings


What a day this was! I received my first invitation to a couture show - earned on my own OMO!! As they say, seek and you will find!
After recouperating my dear invitation, I rushed off to the showroom of Georges Hobeika to help with the model call fittings. It was fascinating. M. Hobeika is very nice and I was in the room with him and his assistants the whole afternoon. We had model after model come in, and they tried on the same black dress - it was cut so slim through the ribcage! Some pieces in his collection show an influence of detailing from the Masai tribe in Africa, mostly through the embellishments and some of the shapes. There were some gowns that were masterfully draped, and a fabric made of sequins that looked like fur. When you brush the sequins they change color. It's really beautiful.
Super thin model after model came in and after about an hour or so I had sore fingers from stretching the elastic on and off of the shoes and tugging on zippers. The shoes are georgeous! The models, too, but many of them were surprisingly not made up and very natural-looking. Lots of girls from Russia/Eastern Europe, some from Brazil, the Congo, and the Ivory Coast. I think only one or two were American. After the rush with the models, I helped rename the files of their photos on the computer and print them out. I hung around to witness the trial makeup, hair and nails. There were two older French-looking women with thick black larger glasses who were consulted about the styling. I don't know what anyone's role was, except Marie-Ange (I think that's her name) who was my "boss" and Georges Hobeika. Well, time for bed because I must be fresh for tomorrow. I think we're going to be putting together the model cards with the looks - and who knows what else!

Comments